Monday, November 4, 2013

post op-day 2

So it's been 2 days since the op on Nov 2.Well I'm not gonna lie and call it a walk in the park, but it has not been as bad as most of the post op horror stories that I had come across, especially for the pattelar tendon  variant of the surgery.Pain has drastically subsided since the day of the operation after the anesthesia had worn out, but there is still this nagging pain, which would eventually just become an irritation.My physiotherapy started surprisingly early,infact yesterday(the day after surgery).She got started on flexing my quads and hammys,which seem to be diminishing by the day.Then came the worst part-getting flexion and improving my ROM(range of motion).There is absolutely nothing fun about this and just downright hurts.I also got started walking slowly on crutches the very next day after surgery.

Day 2 was more of the same ROM stuff.It still sucks btw.On the bright side I seem to have got my flexion to somewhere around 80-90 degrees today.I insisted on doing stairs with crutches and it was fairly easy.So all in all, a good day I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment