Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 0-surgery day

Had a good night's sleep the previous day and was extremely chilled out about the surgery.One can even say that I couldn't wait for it(retarded I know).I was taken into the OR at around 830am, and the sugery began in some half hour I guess.I was given the spinal anesthesia thing which numbed my lower half of my body.I was basically watching the insides of my knee throughout the operation on the screen and was constantly being told what exactly was being done.The surgery was over before I knew it and was taken back in a with a huge dressing and knee brace.Took quite a while for the numbness to wear out and the pain started getting worse slowly but steadily.On a scale of 10, it started with a manageable 4 and went all the way up to an 8 or 9 by the end of the day.Needless to say, the nasty combo of the pain and the brace made it impossible to sleep.Hopefully the worst has passed as far as pain is concerned, but I was told the 1st few PT sessions, starting 2moro,is gonna be a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment